Study shows 25 percent of men will commit even if there’s no love or attraction. Surprised?
We always hear how men are “commitment phobes” but according to Singles in America Study, 25% of men will walk down the aisle even if their not totally feeling the passion and love. So why do they do it, you ask? Well, it seems they have a few chores they need help with…yes, laundry is one of them! More serious concerns which push men to take the leap to “married” category include fear of dying alone and coming home to an empty house. Your Tango outlines the full list of reasons in detail.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons why men take the marital plunge even if they’re not totally in love:
1. Dinner. “Honey, what’s for dinner?” Yup, a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Besides, no one likes to eat alone.
2. Laundry. Men have been known to ruin a few white shirts and shrink a few pants. Ladies, come to the rescue!
3. Comfort. Who wants to come home to an empty house? No one, though some settle for pets.
4. Everyone else is doing it. All their friends are getting married. Even when they complain about it, they are not the last man standing at the bar at 2pm trying to avoid returning to a lonely house.
5. Guilt. Yes, apparently a guilty conscious can make him get down on one knee and propose. So, stick around ladies and maybe putting up with all his issues will eventually pay off.
6. Fear. Both mean and women have a fear of dying alone. But men seem to feel this much more than women, especially as they get older.
7. The settling factor. Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t. Yes, there’s some comfort in settling for what you know for both men and women.
8. Sex. Getting regular sex without having to “court” the women and playing games to get it is enticing for most men…even if it’s not “rock my world” crazy kinda sex.
9. Growing up. The phases in life are set by society – Finish school, get a job, get married, and have babies. If you avoid the “standards” acceptable by majority, then people start wondering what’s wrong with you. “Why can’t he just find someone!”, but men are not alone in this. The pressure is much more for women.
10. The ultimatum. After years of pushing it off and resisting the commitment, then comes the ultimatum! It’s just easier to give in then start searching for someone new and figuring out the “devil” again.
Any other reason why you think men decide to get married? Are these reason good enough?